INTRODUCTION TO INVERDOORN
Inverdoorn Game Lodge & Safari’s ten thousand hectares dedicated to conservation contains over 1200 wild animals representing 28 different species and hundreds of species of birdlife. Of all the Cape private reserves this close to the Mother City, only Inverdoorn offers such a wide variety of free roaming species living in large family herds. The reserve runs a Cheetah Rehabilitation Program on site open for overnight visitors to explore and visit. We understand that visiting an African Safari is a once off opportunity, so our safaris are specifically set up for visitors to get maximum first-hand African wild animal interaction.
Tourist can track animals on 3-hour game drives in our specifically designed Land Rover 4×4 game viewing vehicles with rangers on hand to help you find the animals and provide accurate, up-to-date information of flora and fauna. Guests can step close to wild animals such as giraffes on our guided walks with expert trackers during safaris, and overnight guests can watch the animals drink, eat and play at our many observation posts situated strategically inside the reserve high up out of danger’s way!
Inverdoorn is committed to providing visitors with maximum exposure and information to our huge number of wild animals and birdlife.
Since 1996, Inverdoorn Game Lodge & Safari has played host to an incredible diversity of animals for viewing- constantly evolving in the breathtaking landscape of the Cape Karoo, just two and a half hours’ drive from Cape Town. Some of the animals and birdlife you will see at Inverdoorn:
The Black Mane “Barbary Cape” Lion , African Elephant, Rhinoceros, Giraffe, Zebra, Cheetah , Blue & Black Wildebees, Bat-Eared Fox, Meerkat, Blesbok, Kudu, Eland, Impala, Bearants, Steenbok, Buffalo, Leopard, Oryx/Gemsbok, Springbok, Aardwolf , Porcupine, Aardvark, Duiker, Lechwe, Black Back Jackal, Honey Badger, Cape Fox, Grey & Yellow Mongoose, Grey Rhebok , Caracal.
ONE DAY SAFARI – Transfer R2650PP or Self-Drive R1450PP
- Transfer from Cape Town.
- Welcome drinks on arrival with home-made cake or biscuits at the lodge at 10:00
- Two and a half hour game drive in open air 4×4 with professional guide
- Lunch under the trees or at the restaurant depending on the weather.
- Buffet with starters, main course and desserts
- Relax around the swimming pool or visit our gift shop
- Includes meal but excludes all drinks, except welcome drink.
- Depart at 14:30
Day 1: (Subject to change)
- Arrival at the lodge at 12H00
- Lunch outside under the trees starting between 13H00 – 13H30
- Buffet lunch includes starters, main courses and desserts
- Safari in open 4X4 with a professional guide at 15H30
- Aperitif and dinner in the boma under the stars at 20H00
- Overnight in our comfortable Guesthouse, Chalets or Luxury Chalets
- Early morning safari with the sunrise 06H30
- English Breakfast at 09H00
- Check out around 10H30
- Complimentary Lunch if on Transfer
- Inclusive of 3 meals and 2 safaris
- Exclusive of drinks
The standard packages below are the ideal to get really immersed in the reserve and the tranquil nature of the Klein Karoo. Custom packages with different meal and safari options are available.
5 stars Luxury Suite – 90m² – mini-bar – safe – air-con – fire place bath – shower – satellite TV – private roof terrace.
Package includes: Private Safaris and Invitation to witness our Cheetah rehabilitation program. Welcome drink, 2 Safaris – Lunch, Dinner, Bed and Breakfast
5 stars – 45m² – mini-bar – safe – air-conditioning – fire place – bath – shower – satellite television – private roof terrace.
Package Includes: An invitation to witness our Cheetah rehabilitation program.
4 stars – 35m² – mini-bar – safe – air-conditioning – fire place – shower – private veranda.
Optional Extra: Cheetah Interaction programme
3 stars – 40m² – fan – shower – communal living area
Optional Extra: Cheetah Interaction programme
Only 2.5 hours drive away from Cape Town, Inverdoorn Game reserve offers a truly unique experience of African Wildlife. You will travel via the Cape Wine regions, fruit growing region of Ceres and Klein Karoo.
- Daily Transfers depart from Cape Town at 7am.
- Return transfers depart at 14:30 from the reserve
- Arriving in Cape Town Around 17:30
- Private Transfers
Self Drive Directions:
- Take the N1 to Worcester through the tunnel and turn off on the R43 (Ceres) just before Worcester.
- Go to Ceres, drive straight through Ceres towards Touwsriver (R46).
- As you leave Ceres check the speedometer. 43 km tar road after Ceres, then you will get dirt road with Calvinia & Sutherland on the sign board (R355/356).
- Continue on this dirt road for 5.7 km. Take the right turn-off (R356) to Sutherland.
- Drive 7.4 km until the fork, take the left towards Sutherland and 6 km further you will see Inverdoorn on your left.
- GPS Coordinates: Lat : -33.110680 Lon : 19.812494