- PICK UP AND SCENIC TRANSFER (OPTIONAL)
- We will collect you from Cape Town or Hermanus and drive you to our base in Kleinbaai. Alternatively, we can arrange car hire for you, or transfer by helicopter or fixed wing air craft. For an extended experience of the area, enquire about our accommodation options.
- Served at the boathouse.
- The Dive master will give you a short briefing on the boat, about the Great White Sharks,on your safety, and on the diving procedures. He will explain how we work with the sharks in the area. We will spend between 2 to 3 hours at sea, depending on how often the sharks visit the boat. Be sure to ask lots of questions!
- DIVING AND VIEWING
- The shark cage can hold 5 – 6 people at a time and you will spend about 20 minutes in the cage. All diving equipment, including your 5mm wetsuit, is provided. You DO NOT need a scuba license to cage dive!
- ON-BOARD SNACKS
- We offer a picnic basket that is packed with sweets, crisps, fruit and bottled water.
- LIGHT LUNCH
- Upon your return to dry land, you are invited to join us at the crew house (boathouse) for a light lunch
- DVD OF YOUR TRIP (OPTIONAL)
- We have a professional videographer on all our trips and you may buy a dvd of your trip if you wish.
1. The cage is 3,5m long and can take up to 6 divers
The cages are made from galvanised steel and have all passed the specifications set by the Department of Environmental Affairs: Branch – Oceans and Coasts, Republic of South Africa.
The cage is attached to the boat at all times, with at least 60 centimetres above the water. The rest of the cage is submerged and about 2 metres deep.
2. Boat is 12,5 m Leecat and licensed for 30 pax + 6 crew
Our boats are all inspected by the SAMSA (South African Maritime Safety Authority) and conform to their standards. We also perform maintenance tasks on all our vessels on a bi-weekly to a monthly basis